Monday, July 22, 2013

Has Anyone Used One Of These?

The Ergotron WorkFit-S, LCD Laptop Sit-Stand Workstation?  Some of my co-workers are using these so that they can sit and work then stand and work.  While there is no budget at work for more of these in the current year, I might buy one for home.  My hope is that by working standing up for part of the time, I might reduce strain on my arms and burn more calories.  (Treadmill computer desks are a bit too expensive, and I am skeptical that I could work while treadmilling.)

3 comments:

  1. Marko Kloos, the blogger Munchkinwrangler has an arrangement where he can write standing up or sitting. I can't tell from his blog what he is currently using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked it up and it looks like Marko has a standing desk that he created himself (https://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/thank-you-mr-standing-desk/). The key is to have a sit-stand workstation so you can switch off between the two quite easily. The WorkFit-S allows that. Ergotron has other options, depending on your current desk configuration avail. at http://cubelife.ergotron.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some years back, my YMCA had some stationary bikes with Web browser panels. They were good for web surfing, and I saw some people doing e-mail on them.

    So it might not be that crazy to work while exercising.

    ReplyDelete