Friday, February 13, 2015

test driving a Cadillac CTS all wheel drive

it will require several hours of operation all the fiendishly  powerful  controls.

It is a very impressive car, and of course, my credit rating means that I could have driven away with it.  The credit manager said my credit rating was in the top 1/10th of 1%.

My wife thought all the bells and whistles of the CTS were a bit much.  "Does it diaper your children, too?"  she asked the salesgal.  Ot was a bit much, the blind spot avoidance stuff detects cars in your blind spots, and puts up icons on the side view mirrors. The car dtetects that you are changing lanes without signalling, and vibrates your seat to let you know about it.  But when I turned back onto the freeway east of Boise, I turned sgarply, and pressed the gas and it did everything but scream "faster, harder."  It isn't Corvette like in handling or acceleration, but it is quite reminiscient of the Jaguar X-type, which is something no Cadillac of my parents' generation would ever think of doing.

1 comment:

  1. Take a good look at the 2015 Hyundai
    Genesis in AWD.

    It is a very good competitor for the Lexus GS350, BMW 535, MB E350 and Audi A6

    And it is 14 to 20k less than all of them (loaded) with a 10 year warranty

    ReplyDelete