Friday, June 12, 2015

Weird Dream

I had a very strange dream last night.  My friend Brad and I were recruited by CIA for some strange mission where we had to pretend to be members of an orchestra.  We were both playing odd piano-like instruments.  For my friend Brad, who rebuilt a harpsichord some years ago, this would be a stretch.  For me, utterly impossible.  The conductor knew we were not what we appeared, but others members of the orchestra generally were not.  The guy playing piano next to me is watching me try to play, very slowly, and asks if I will be playing very slowly.  Another musician apparently aware of the deception says, "The Tocata Fugue was played very slowly in Interstellar..  It was good, just very slow."  Of course, Interstellar, while awash in organ music, did not have the Tocata Fugue.  I keep hoping these weird dreams are a sign of brain recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment