Thursday, September 7, 2017

How Can Anyone Get This Stupid?

9/6/17 College Fix reports:
An anthropology professor at a community college in California has instructed her students that stereotyping someone in class is a punishable offense — on the same day that she handed out a four-page white privilege checklist listing common generalizations about white people.
Red Alert Politics provides the checklist:
Standard indicators that students may hold white privilege include but are not limited to:
-I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.-I can avoid spending time with people whom I was trained to mistrust and who have learned to mistrust my kind or me.-I can be late to a meeting without having the lateness reflection my race.-I can choose blemish cover or bandages in “flesh” color and have them more or less match my skin.
Read more at http://redalertpolitics.com/2017/09/05/professor-use-identity-based-stereotypes-will-punished-exclusive/#BexTFuXAu5JIyKL5.99
"[T]he lateness reflection my race"?

One of the comments:
I googled her and saw a bunch of her wedding photos from a month ago. Her whole social set reeks of white privilege. Not a dark face in the bunch. The whole wedding party took a cruise from Sausalito on the San Francisco bay. It looked expensive, the sort of thing that people of color can only dream about.

No comments:

Post a Comment